TJ Miller, the host of the 22nd Critics Choice Awards chose not to discuss his legal troubles and instead focused on President-elect Donald Trump and the controversies surrounding his election, the Los Angeles Times reports.
Miller, a star of the TV series Silicon Valley, was arrested Friday after he police say he slapped a car service driver on the head after the driver made remarks about Trump.
The Times say that on Sunday night at the awards show, Miller joked about possible hacking of the election by Russia and the automation of jobs.
The big winners at the show include:
– La La Land for best picture.
– Casey Affleck for best actor for his lead role in the film Manchester by the Sea.
– Natalie Portman for best actress for her lead role in Jackie.
– Viola Davis for her supporting role in Fences
– Courtney B Vance for his The People v. OJ Simpson role as Simpson attorney Johnnie Cochran.
– Ryan Reynolds for lead actor in a comedy film for his role as Deadpool and for Entertainer of the Year.
– Donald Glover as lead actor in a comedy series for his role in Atlanta.
– Thandie Newton as supporting actress in a drama series for her role in the Westworld TV series.