Home / National / Samsung device catches fire mid air on Delhi-Indore flight; all passengers safe

Samsung device catches fire mid air on Delhi-Indore flight; all passengers safe

According to a report by Hindustan Times, a Samsung Galaxy J7 caught fire mid-air in a Delhi to Indore Jet Airways flight. The flight had 120 people onboard. The passenger travelling with the device reported the incident just 15 minutes after the flight took off. The smartphone was inside a handbag along with two other mobile phones. Once the passenger detected smoke they handed over the device to the flight attendant on duty.

Surprisingly, the fire extinguisher within the cabin was not functional. The attendant was forced to use water to put water on the device. According to the airline, the incident was dealt with according to the guidelines. As a precautionary measure the attendant put the other two phones in a tray of water to avoid any mishap. However, the passenger was furious over the lack of proper safety equipment on the flight.

Responding to the incident Samsung India’s spokesperson came up with a statement saying, “We are in touch with relevant authorities for more information. At Samsung, customer safety is top priority.”

About himalayauk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

x

Check Also

Pakistan allows Kulbhushan Jadhav to meet wife

Pakistan yesterday said it will allow convicted Indian death row prisoner Kulbhushan ...